Lawn Maintenance Spray Technician
For Garden’s Sake is a family-owned garden center and landscaping company, in operation since 1999. We are continually growing, and offer customers a one-stop shop for plants, landscape design/installation, and lawn maintenance services.
We are seeking an experienced Spray Technician to help us grow our Lawn Maintenance Division. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of the landscaping field and already knows the ropes of spray treatments, fertilizers, and pesticides. This person is detail-oriented, works with integrity and professionalism, and continually strives for excellence while caring for our clients.
This is a full-time position with pay at $18/hour. We offer PTO and paid holidays; medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; matching 401k; employee discount at the Garden Center; and work-life balance. Advancement opportunities available as we continue to grow.
- Apply fertilizers and pesticides to lawns/landscapes using ride-on and spray equipment
- Always ensure safety by following product label instructions and correct procedures
- Follow set service schedule
- Load vehicle for the day’s services based on schedule
- Utilize mobile device to document visits and services rendered, photos, client concerns, and requests for manager follow-up
- Interact with clients on-site and via email and/or phone; promptly respond when contacted
- Leave door hangers and cards to promote our services to clients’ neighbors
- MUST have a valid driver’s license with no major MVR infractions
- Experience in landscape maintenance: mowing, pruning, bed maintenance, etc.
- Experience in making liquid and granular applications to turfgrass and ornamental landscapes
- Knowledge of spraying/spreading equipment, understanding of pesticide labels, and ability to calculate rates/amounts of products needed for task
- NC Pesticide license strongly preferred
- Turfgrass degree or certificate preferred
- Ability to perform physical work in outdoor conditions, both hot and cold
- Physical capability to lift greater than 50 lbs.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) a plus
Apply For This Position Here