Landscape Maintenance Foreman
For Garden’s Sake is a family-owned garden center and landscaping company, in operation since 1999. We are continually growing, and offer customers a one-stop shop for plants, landscape design/installation, and lawn maintenance services.
We are seeking a Landscape Maintenance Foreman to be on the ground to ensure we are providing top tier residential lawn maintenance services and keeping our clients happy and in love with their yards. The Foreman will be the Division Manager’s right-hand man (or woman) and serve as the liaison between him and the crew members. This position is fully field-based and focuses on crew leadership, quality assurance checks, and client relations. The Foreman will play a vital role in helping the Lawn Maintenance Division and For Garden’s Sake grow.
This is a full-time position, with 40+ hour workweeks. Salary starts at $21/hour based on experience. We offer PTO and paid holidays; medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; 401k; employee discount at the Garden Center; and work-life balance. Advancement opportunities available as we continue to grow.
**Position open now – looking to hire ASAP.*
- Work directly with Division Manager to schedule multiple crews, organize workflow, and identify and resolve issues. This means some office work and meeting attendance/participation
- Perform routine quality assurance checks on all maintenance projects. This will require extensive local travel and time spent in work truck
- Supervise and train crew members, maintain safety of staff and equipment, and assist with daily prep and start-up
- Develop crew leaders and coach them to be successful
- Maintain client relationships and handle questions, comments, and concerns. Serve as point of contact for clients and hold client check-in meetings
- On occasion, stand in for Manager or assist crews with jobs
Key Skills & Requirements:
- MUST have a valid driver’s license with no major MVR infractions
- Professional experience in lawn maintenance required. Experience in landscape installation a plus
- Equipment familiarity and operation experience required (Push, zero turn, stand-on mowers; trimmers, edgers, chainsaws; herb/pesticide sprayers and spreaders; snow plows, dump trucks, trucks with trailers)
- General plant knowledge required. Irrigation knowledge and experience a plus
- Strong communication skills and experience with face-to-face client interactions and client relations management
- Tech savviness and willingness to learn new technology; experience with management software (specifically Crew Control) a plus
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English required; bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Good business sense with professional demeanor and leadership, organization, multitasking/prioritizing skills. Responsible, dependable, and trustworthy
- Report to work by 6:30am and remain flexible as to completion time
Apply For This Position Here