Landscape Installation Operations Manager
For Garden’s Sake is a family-owned garden center and landscaping company, in operation since 1999. We are continually growing, and offer customers a one-stop shop for plants, landscape design/installation, and lawn maintenance services.
We are seeking a Landscape Installation Operations Manager to help lead and set the pace for the Landscape Division. Success relies on our crews’ ability to meet or beat production goals each day; the Manager is in charge of managing and leading the crews to a successful installation of beautiful, design-build landscape projects from start to finish.
This is a full-time position, with salary starting at $50K/year based on experience. We offer paid vacation and holidays; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401k; and work-life balance.
**Position open now – looking to hire ASAP.*
- Scheduling and managing multiple landscape crews from morning prep to end-of-day close-out
- Planning and phasing job sites to get the jobs done right and on-budget
- Supervising and training crew members, and maintaining safety of staff and equipment. This often involves being on-site with the crew to offer hands-on experience and training.
- Developing crew leaders and coaching them to be successful
- Managing and organizing all paperwork for daily payroll, attendance, material tracking and billing, etc.
- Communicating daily to update clients, contractors, designers, and staff as needed
- Expediting job closeouts with immediate client walkthroughs and quality checks.
- Technical landscape knowledge – used to plan workflow and train crew members
- Leadership ability/experience – able to delegate tasks, willing to jump in to train and/or help get the job done when needed
- Knack for organization and construction planning – thinking ahead, being prepared, and following through
- Good at multitasking and prioritizing competing tasks on concurrent projects
- Clear and consistent communication skills
- Good business sense – problem solver and decision maker with sense of urgency
- Responsible, dependable, and trustworthy – representing FGS at all times
- MUST have a valid driver’s license with no major MVR infractions
- Prior leadership/supervisory experience
- Prior landscape installation and hardscape construction experience – at least two years preferred; irrigation and lighting experience a plus
- Licensing and Certifications relative to industry a plus
- Thorough plant knowledge and identification abilities
- Proficiency in Google Workspace (G Suite), including Gmail, Docs, and Sheets preferred
- Able to report to work by 6:30am and remain flexible as to completion time
- Able to lift/load up to 50 pounds
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) a plus
Apply For This Position Here