Part-time Landscape Designer
For Garden’s Sake is a family-owned garden center and landscaping company, in operation since 1999. We are continually growing, and offer customers a one-stop shop for plants, landscape design/installation, and lawn maintenance services.
Working with us allows you to enjoy a beautiful, natural environment every day with teammates that want to see you shine. You’ll be given opportunities to train, learn, and grow to your greatest potential. We prioritize caring for our employees as much as our customers.
Plus, we have resident goats, chickens, and ducks!
⇒ Meet the LANDSCAPING DIVISION and YOUR FUTURE TEAM!
We are seeking an experienced Landscape Designer to create and sell outstanding landscape and hardscape designs. This person will meet with clients, discuss needs and desires for the projects, and draft designs and proposals. The main goal is to build a rapport with clients and produce design plans that will both wow them and be profitable for our company.
This is a part-time position, working 15-20 hours a week with potential for growth. Pay is $20/hour plus commission, with weekly pay.
- Conduct on-site client consultations that lead to sales
- Hand draw and/or create computer generated landscape designs, comprising of softscaping, hardscaping, lighting, drainage, irrigation, etc.
- Create design proposals and cost estimates for residential properties based on accurate field verifications, measurements, and analyses
- Serve as the primary contact for clients to foster relationships and close sales
- Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture or landscape design, or a demonstrated depth of horticulture knowledge from prior landscape design experience
- Professional industry experience creating landscape and hardscape designs
- Significant knowledge of horticultural materials suitable for North Carolina and proper planting techniques
- Strong understanding of landscape construction products, methods, and procedures. Prior experience installing plants and/or hardscaping materials a plus
- Proven proficiency in increasing sales through lead generation and client relationships
- Tech/computer proficiency and willingness to learn; familiarity with Google Suite and LMN estimating software a plus
- Friendly, genuine, confident, and professional demeanor with a knack for building positive relationships quickly
- Strong go-getter drive to reach and exceed individual and company goals
- Superb attention to detail and organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license with no major infractions